Affiliated to the National Center for Tumor Diseases (NCT/UCC) our dedicated ECTU is embedded in a network of specialized institutions with a long lasting record in all aspects of cancer related research:
- The University of Dresden – award winning in the German Excellence Initiative – offers the administrative scaffolding and access to a cluster of internationally renowned basic and translational research groups focusing on preclinical aspects of cancer research.
- The University Hospital Dresden, one of Germanys leading tertiary-care hospitals, top-scoring in the 2012 national Focus® Healthcare Ranking and comprising over 1300 hospital beds.
- The NCT/UCC itself, a DIN-ISO9001-2008 certified interdisciplinary center for the optimal treatment of patients with all kinds of malignant diseases, which offers regular tumor boards as well as in- and outpatient treatment facilities.
- The Coordination Center for Clinical Trials (KKS) Dresden, a core facility funded by the Medical Faculty, dedicated to support clinical trials and ensure trial conduct according to highest quality standards complying with national and international laws. The KKS is enabled to take over responsibility in the field of biometrics, clinical monitoring, database- and (e)CRF-management as well as pharmacovigilance.
- Alternatively, a diverse set of cooperating CROs may assist in study planning, conduction and analysis.
The NCT/UCC-ECTU has access to:
- Nationally and internationally recognized experts covering the whole spectrum of solid and hematologic cancers and attracting patients from all over Germany and neighboring countries.
- A team of committed clinical investigators, study nurses as well as administrative staff experienced in the conduction of clinical trials of all phases.
- Phase I experienced principal investigators covering solid as well as hematologic cancers.
- An accredited (certified according to 93/42/EWG and DIN EN ISO 15189) central laboratory offering comprehensive laboratory service 24 hours / 7 days a week.
- A DIN EN ISO 9001:2008 certified pathology department experienced in tumor histology serving as central pathology unit in substantial number of clinical trials.
- A GMP pharmacy licensed according to German Drug Law (AMG) for production, (re‑)packaging, blinding, randomization, export and distribution of investigational products.
- A JACIE-certified GMP laboratory licensed for the manufacturing, distribution and storage of cellular therapeutics (including investigational products) according to German Drug Law (AMG).
- A central database of all patients treated for malignant diseases at the NCT/UCC and cooperating private practice oncologists.
- A DIN EN ISO 9001:2008 certified tumor- and normal-tissue bank.